UK Pat Testing Case Studies & News

 

Contractor sustains electric shock after failure to 
 isolate power supply.

 A self-employed contractor sustained 415 volt
 electric shock. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HSE fines lighting supplier for unsafe electrics

A prosecution by the HSE for breaching the Health and Safety at Work etc Act left a company of a fine of £8,000 with £20,000 to pay in costs. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reliable Pat Testing provided sponsorship to Holbrook High School through www.data-ltd.co.uk for drug awareness. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Safety reminder for users of DIY and garden tools
Free safety checks are being offered to gardeners and DIY enthusiasts to help cut down on accidents and act as a reminder of the dangers of mishandling electric tools. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News round up from Seaward
Major changes to the IETs Code of Practice are planned, to incorporate new industry requirements for in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Call for more electrical safety legislation
Electrical safety legislation should be considered to protect tenants living in private rented sector properties, a Swansea member of the Welsh Assembly has told colleague. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HSE penalises electrical safety failure
A coating and treatment company in Swavesey, Cambridgeshire has been fined for safety failings after an employee suffered an electric shock. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Appliance fire warning
Local firefighters have again highlighted the fire risk associated with electrical equipment. In Gravesend, Fire and Rescue Services issued an urgent safety warning about electrical equipment following a house fire, after a blaze in a second floor bedroom caused extensive damage. Read More.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEE MORE CASE STUDIES                             PAT TESTING IN YOUR AREA